A white paper is a document produced by cryptocurrency projects to describe their technology, its features and benefits, and how it works. It is typically used as an informational resource for potential investors or users of the project’s services. White papers can also be used to provide technical details about a specific product or service.
In the cryptocurrency space, white papers are especially important because they provide information on how a particular blockchain-based currency will work and operate in practice. By reading the white paper of any given project, one can gain insight into what kind of problem it aims to solve, its architecture and consensus mechanism(s), token economics (including mining rewards) and more.
The best way to understand what a project’s whitepaper contains is by looking at some examples from successful projects like Bitcoin or Ethereum. These documents often include sections discussing topics such as:
– Introduction/Overview – In this section you should find general information about the company developing the project along with an introduction to their idea/concept;
– Problem Statement – This part explains why current solutions are inadequate for solving certain problems that have been identified;
– Solution Description – This section presents how the proposed solution solves those problems discussed in “Problem Statement”;
– Technical Details & Specifications – Here you’ll find detailed descriptions of all technical aspects related to implementation such as algorithms used, data structures employed etc.;
– Token Economics & Distribution Model– This part provides readers with facts regarding token distribution models (e.g., ICO launch date), circulation numbers along with other economic metrics;
– Roadmap/Timeline – A timeline outlining when different milestones should occur during development process;
– Conclusion/Summary– Finally there might be conclusion summarizing key points from rest of paper plus links leading back main website resources such us “Contact Us” page etc..
Overall purpose behind these documents isn’t just informing reader but also persuading them take action whether it be investing money into project becoming active user developer contributing code helping spread word far wide via social media channels etc..